In Europe, we can find camomile (also spelt chamomile) growing wild in dry fields, around gardens and in cultivated grounds. Culpeper (1616-1654) lists over 20 ailments for which camomile can be used. In Germany, camomile is recommended by mainstream medical practitioners for internal and external use. Human studies have shown it has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action on the stomach and duodenum.
I believe that every home should have therapeutic camomile in their medicine cupboard - especially where there are young children. It is a pleasant-tasting tea which helps relieve many gastrointestinal problems such as minor spasms, wind and belching. Camomile, a western herbal medicine, is especially beneficial for children, babies, during pregnancy and lactation. I included this herb in my teabag range because it has a wide variety of uses and applications - as a skin wash, inhalant, gargle and herb tea.
Assists in the management of gastrointestinal complaints such as minor spasms, flatulence, belching, colic, epigastric distension (enlargement of the abdomen over the stomach), and the relief of gastritis and enteritis symptoms. Externally apply freshly-prepared infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of dermatitis and bacterial skin disorders. Gargle infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of mucous membrane inflammations such as mouth ulcers, gingivitis, sore throat and gums. Inhale the vapour of the freshly-prepared infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of inflammation and irritations of the respiratory tract. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse two teabags with one cup of boiling water, cover and steep for ten minutes before removing teabags.
Adults: drink three to four cups daily.
Children from 6 to 12: drink one to two cups daily.
Children from 3 to 6: drink one cup daily.
External Use & Gargle:
Infuse three teabags with 100 mL of boiling water and use as required.
Infuse five teabags with 500 mL of boiling water and inhale vapours for five to ten minutes.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Each teabag contains Camomile (Matricaria recutita) flower dry 1.5 g (1500 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).