Bitter herbs are used in western herbal medicine for maintaining healthy digestive function and aiding digestion. As gastric secretion declines with age, a significant percentage of people aged 65 years or older have abnormally low gastric acidity. Low acidity can lead to poor nutrient absorption and abnormal bowel flora. People with reduced gastric secretions are more susceptible to bacterial and parasitic enteric infections. Research has shown when bitter substances are tasted at the back of the tongue prior to a meal, they have a priming effect on the upper digestive function - this is most noticeable if digestion is below optimum. Digest-Rite contains the bitter herbs gentian, dandelion and centaury to help stimulate and aid digestion.
Provides symptomatic relief for people who experience the uncomfortable feeling of dyspepsia such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea. Stimulates gastric juices that aid digestion. Helps maintain a healthy digestive function. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse two teabags with one cup of boiling water, steep and cover for 10-15 minutes.
Adults and children over 12: drink one cup 30 minutes before meals.
Children from 6 to 12: drink half to one cup 30 minutes before meals.
Children from 3 to 6: drink quarter to half a cup 30 minutes before meals.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Do not use if you have gastric and duodenal ulcers.
Medical advice is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
People who are sensitive to bitters may experience an occasional headache.
|Each 1.6 g teabag contains:|
|Gentian dry||320 mg|
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) whole plant dry||560 mg|
|Centaury (Centaurinium erythraea) herb dry||480 mg|
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- First professional, medicinal teabag range in Australia.
- Guaranteed amount of active ingredients in each bag.
- Therapeutically-effective formulas with a long history of use.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Teabag paper is whitened using environmentally-friendly methods (ie no bleaching chemicals).
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).