History shows that sage has been used since the first century by the Greek physician Dioscorides and its name is derived from the Latin 'salvere' (to be saved). Historical use of sage can be attributed to its thujone-rich essential oil which has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral actions. It is included in many gastrointestinal remedies for the relief of indigestion symptoms such as bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea.
Clinical trials have shown that sage can help reduce excessive perspiration, making it useful for night sweats.
Take to relieve symptoms of indigestion including bloating, fullness, heartburn, abdominal pain and nausea. Helps reduce excessive perspiration (including night sweats). Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Adults and children over 12 only: take one capsule three times daily.
Not suitable during pregnancy and lactation.
Each capsule contains extract equivalent to dried Salvia officinalis leaf 1 g (1000 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Easy-to-swallow capsules.
- 100% vegetable capsule shell.
- Two tamper-evident layers.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, sugars, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).