Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Liquorice Root 75g
- Used for its sedative action on the coughing reflex.
- For the relief of bronchial cough due to congestion and catarrh in the upper respiratory tract.
- Beneficial for the symptoms, pain and discomfort of gastritis.
- Promotes the healing and relief of gastric and intestinal ulcers.
History reveals that liquorice was first documented in Assyrial clay tablets (c.a. 2500 B.C.E.) and Egyptian papyri. Liquorice root has long been used for its sedative action on the coughing reflex and, in Germany, it is licensed as standard medicinal tea for the relief of bronchial cough due to congestion in the upper respiratory tract.
Liquorice root is also a valuable alternative for the natural relief of gastric and intestinal ulcers. The main active substance is glycyrrhizinic acid, which has shown to accelerate the healing of gastric ulcers. The root naturally contains at least 4% glycyrrhizin, a compound that is about fifty times sweeter than sucrose. As a tea it makes an excellent herbal remedy for the relief of pain and discomfort of cramp-like disorders associated with chronic gastritis.
Take to relieve cough symptoms due to bronchial congestion and catarrh in the upper respiratory tract, pain/discomfort of cramp-like disorders associated with chronic gastritis. Clinically, liquorice has been shown to promote the healing and relief of symptoms of gastric and intestinal ulcers. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse two 5 mL level metric teaspoons with one cup of boiling water, steep for 10-15 minutes and strain.
Adults and children over 12: drink two cups daily.
Children from 4 to 12: drink half the adult dose.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
Contraindications: medical advice is recommended if used for longer than 4-6 weeks, during pregnancy and lactation.
Each 5 mL level metric spoon contains Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) dry 1.9 g (1900 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Loose herbs with a long shelf life.
- Economical way of taking herbal medicine.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
|Unit Of Measure||Each|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FOURBODY - Your Friend in Health users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.