Power Super Foods Wakame Flake Organic 50g
Wakame seaweed is a good source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, C, E, K, folate and soluble/insoluble fibre, and has among the very highest nutrient-to-calorie ratios (from a vegetarian source). The salty taste is not just salt but a balanced, chelated combination of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and trace minerals.
Sea vegetables help alkalise our bodies from the over-acidity of the modern diet and contain 10 to 20 times MORE bioavailable minerals and vitamins than land vegetables, with no fat and low calories ! For example, lack of iodine in the human body (which is widely absent from Australian soils but present in sea vegetables) can create a whole huge range of serious health issues – look them up!
Suggested Uses: Sprinkle in soups, stocks, stews, miso, stirfrys or savoury dishes. Alternatively, use to ‘salt' pasta or potato boiling water.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Sustainable 100% Wakame Flakes (Alaria esculenta)
1. What does Wakame taste like? Kinda salty, kinda ‘sea-fresh'.
2. Do I have to hydrate it first? No these flakes have a soft texture
3. Is it raw? Yes…. either shade-dried or sun-dried.
4. Is it irradiated? No! Double NO!! A food can not be certified organic AND irradiated – the two are mutually exclusive.
5. Is it just like the bright green Wakame you are served in sushi restaurants? NO, that is actually a highly processed version of Wakame, involving nutrient loss and a high carbon footprint. Ours is the natural dark green, naturally dried version of this.
6. Is it from Japan? Or China? Or Korea?? No, no, & NO! Our Wakame is from Canada.
|Brand||Power Super Foods|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FOURBODY - Your Friend in Health users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.