Udo's Choice Beyond Greens 255g
There are lots of “greens” products out there. Why? Because greens are our most important foods! They provide us with all of the essential components of health; they are our foods, as well as our medicines. Almost every health problem will benefit from the use of green foods.
- Beyond Greens offers an easy way to ensure you get enough green veggies in your diet
- Beyond Greens is easy to add to food and drink, which makes it easy to make sure fussy young eaters are getting enough nutrition! They’ll never even know!
- Beyond Greens has fermented greens, which makes the nutrients easier to digest and assimilate
- Beyond Greens is easy to transport, so you can make sure you are getting enough nutrients when you are away for business or other busy times
- Beyond Greens goes well in smoothies, adding a powerful nutrient boost to whatever you like to make
Beyond Greens® provides the foundation for optimum nutrition with the best that nature has to offer including organically grown cereal grasses – barley, alfalfa, oat and rye. The raw cereal grasses come from the young green plants that, in maturity, would produce cereal grains. Because cereal grasses are vegetables, they contain no gluten.
- Every single serving of Beyond Greens® is the equivalent of 36g serving of organic vegetables
- Fermented to promote easier digestion and maximum absorption of nutrients
- A combination of broccoli, kale and a variety of other supergreens that are rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients
- Provides all of the benefits of juicing vegetables
- An easy and convenient way to incorporate greens into any diet
- Add Beyond Greens® to water and smoothies or bake with it to add an additional boost of greens to virtually any recipe
- Organic, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, Soy Free
It is made from organically grown ingredients and is a rich source of vital nutrients. Importantly, it has been formulated WITHOUT the fillers, binders or other non-nutrient ingredients that you commonly find in other “greens” products.
Udo Erasmus has commented on the benefits of Beyond Greens as follows:
“In 2015, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that only about 1 in 10 American adults reap the many health benefits provided by eating the recommended daily amounts of fruits and vegetables (1.5-2 cups of fruits and 2-3 cups of vegetables), with Americans on average eating less than 9% of the recommended daily intake of vegetables.
“Using sunlight as energy, and the inherited wisdom of many years of successful existence on planet Earth, green plants play important roles as part of nature’s powerful ‘farmacy’. When we eat green plants and other plant foods, we benefit from thousands of natural bioactive compounds – known as ‘phytonutrients’ or ‘phytochemicals’ – that plants manufacture for their own protection and survival.
“Many phytochemicals have been shown to affect health and wellbeing through antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, detoxifying, hormone-balancing, cardio- and neuro-protective, and even cancer-inhibiting activities on a molecular level.
“We deliberately formulated the blend of ingredients in Udo’s Choice® Beyond Greens using a state-of-the-art fermentation process on high-quality organic barley, oat, wheat, and alfalfa. Fermentation is used to promote digestion, free nutrients for absorption, increased vitamin content, and provide accessible minerals, amino acids, phytonutrients, and antioxidants from the food.”
Beyond Greens provides:
- A rich blend of greens from certified organic ingredients
- N-3 and n-6 essential fats (see oil blend product page for more details) from organic flax, sunflower, and sesame seeds;
- Protein from seeds and greens;
- Soluble and insoluble fibre;
- Concentrates of broccoli, ginger, kale, and others;
- Completely vegetarian;
- A food free of dairy, wheat, yeast, and other common allergens; and
- Taste enhanced greens with natural flavours.
Beyond Greens is rich in detoxifying chlorophyll, and provides naturally balanced vitamins, minerals and protein to keep you in top form. For example, barley grass contains diverse nutrients that include calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, B-vitamins, carotene and vitamins C and E. Flaxseed is the highest known source of lignans, which are special antioxidants found in plant fibre.
What’s so good about greens?
We refer to ‘greens’ as the diverse population of salt and fresh water plants (algae), land plants, and land plants that have returned to aquatic environments, all of which are green in colour. ‘Greens’ are the basic foundation of human health and regeneration, and have been an endless food source for living creatures as far back as it goes. Biologists believe that land plants evolved from one-celled aquatic organisms and did not colonise the land until about a billion years ago. Plants and their green ancestors are rich in magnesium-containing chlorophyll, the green pigment found in chloroplasts of plants. Chlorophyll is what absorbs the light energy from the sun that drives photosynthesis, making Earth the green planet.
‘Greens’ dominate nearly all terrestrial communities. They are found in gardens and woods; fields and meadows; on mountains; in valleys and oceans; on our windowsill (sprouted from seeds); or in a pot in the house. They include grasses, leaves, herbs, algaes, seaweeds, broad-leafed plants, trees, mosses, lichens, ferns, shrubs, weeds, and many more.
What are phytochemicals?
In the Greek language, the word ‘phyto’ means plant. Phytochemicals are, by definition, any biologically active compound derived from plants. They function as the plant’s immune system, defending against exposure to diseases and viruses; determine plant colour and taste; and aid the many biological tasks plant organisms must carry out to survive.
Thousands of phytochemicals are found in plants, and humans have only recently begun to study the molecular structure of these valuable food compounds. Examples of phytochemicals are carotenoids, flavonoids, plant sterols, polyphenols, lignans, sulfides, curcumins, saponins, coumarins, terpenoids, phthalides, and many more. On-going research continues to provide new insights into what they are and how they aid in the preservation of human health.
Phytonutrients are plant chemicals used as foods. Phytomedicines elicit biological responses in the body systems of mammals that consistently reduce the risk of one or more diseases of chronic nature. Phytochemical-rich ‘greens’ and other plant parts have been used, since as long as man has been alive, to improve the health of those who consume them.
This product contains Certified Organic ingredients and is GMO-free.
Fermented grass blend* (barley grass*, oat grass*, wheat grass*, alfalfa grass*, Lactobacillus plantarum, Saccharomyces boulardii, and molasses*),alfalfa grass*, barley grass*, defatted flax seed*, oat grass*, rye grass*, broccoli*, ginger root*, chlorella*, dulse*, licorice root*, spirulina*, kale*,defatted sunflower seed*, cinnamon bark*, defatted sesame seed*, natural flavours.
|Unit Of Measure||Each|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FOURBODY - Your Friend in Health users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.