Hilde Hemmes Traditional Tea Valerian Root 75g
- Relieves insomnia and restlessness.
- Improves sleep quality due to its calming effect.
- A natural sedative that provides relief from anxiety, nervous tension, irritability and tenseness.
- Relieves or reduces the risk of muscular cramps / spasms.
The modern day therapeutic use of valerian stems from traditional Greek medicine which was originally documented by Hippocrates (ca. 460-377 B.C.E.) and later by Dioscorides (first century), author of the De Materia Medica. These early herbalists referred to it as 'phu' because of its unpleasant smell.
It has a long history of use for the management of insomnia and various nervous conditions. Today, valerian is considered to have sedative, spasmolytic, hypnotic and anxiolytic action and herbalists still recommend it for the same disorders. In recent times clinical trials have validated valerian's sleep-inducing action, confirming what herbalists have known for centuries.
Valerian is effective as a sedative, for the relief of stress, nervous tension/unrest, tenseness, restlessness, irritability and anxiety. It is a clinically-proven sleeping aid which shortens time taken to get to sleep and improves sleep quality, without strong hypnotic effects. Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Infuse two 5 mL level metric teaspoons with one cup of boiling water, steep for 10-15 minutes and strain.
Adults and children over 12 only: drink 1-3 cups daily.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.
May cause drowsiness.
Interaction with Other Medication
Seek medical advice if taking other sedatives.
Each 5 mL level metric spoon contains Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root dry 1.5 g (1500 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Loose herbs with a long shelf life.
- Economical way of taking herbal medicine.
- Free from preservatives, artificial colours, caffeine, yeast, gluten, alcohol and lactose.
- Manufactured to strict pharmaceutical standards and listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
|Unit Of Measure||Each|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other FOURBODY - Your Friend in Health users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.